Provide analytical support for the design and administration of compensation programs, position evaluations, and salary recommendations. The Sr. Compensation Analyst leads the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that support our organization. This includes designing base salary & variable pay plans and alternative rewards programs that are consistent with market conditions, internal equity, a pay for performance philosophy and the company’s business and HR priorities and strategies. Sr Compensation Analyst assists in the implementation and administration of compensation programs such as salaries, short and long-term incentives, job evaluations, and salary surveys that support the company’s business strategy. Position is currently remote.
- Provide day to day client group support of compensation needs coordinating closely with HR Business Partners and hiring management
- Actively participate in the successful implementation and management of regular compensation activities including annual compensation planning cycles
- Communicate with the recruitment team compensation trends
- Review and approve employment offers
- Conducting compensation benchmark assessments, actively seeking market intelligence and industry specific data to inform appropriate solutions
- Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and projects
- Strong understanding of compensation practices and trends
- Evaluate, level and determine appropriate market value for new and existing jobs
- Stay abreast of compensation trends
- Maintain the salary grade structure and job database.
- Evaluate jobs and determine their internal pay grades, FLSA status, and other particulars.
- Contribute company data to and analyze the results of compensation surveys.
- Compensation survey selection as needed
- Conduct market analyses to determine competitive positioning of the organization’s pay programs.
- Consult with managers regarding compensation-related needs and issues, promotions, and salary recommendations.
- Provide analysis and modeling of new and existing compensation programs such as annual salary administration and incentive payouts, variable compensation programs and executive compensation
- Leads in developing and/or revising compensation policies, standards and procedures, salary structures, merit increase budgets and geographic differentials to be in compliance with state, federal, and local law.
- Provides compensation policy interpretation, analysis, guidance and technical advice for resolution of issues involving compensation policies and programs.
- Conducts research and analysis in different areas involving compensation, such as compensation statistics and market analysis.
- Assess, tracks and reports the budgetary impact of compensation decisions and benefit costs
- Conducts job audits of individual or group positions as appropriate.
- Makes recommendations to ensure fair internal equity.
- Assist with designing reward systems, including variable and equity incentive programs
- Other duties as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’ s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to follow through with multiple projects
- Must be able to make sound judgement decisions and know when to ask their manager for assistance
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate information in a clear, calm, and concise manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Self- motivated with a strong desire to learn new products and technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry
- Self- confidence and analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic mathematical principles
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality while maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports
- Ability to prioritize to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to receive constructive feedback in a professional manner
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Equivalent combination of experience and training will be considered
- 6 plus years of credited experience in Compensation, Human Resources, or Finance/Accounting field.
- Advanced level experience in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Environment where dogs are present
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time
- Occasionally lifting up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally stooping, lifting and/or bending
- Working knowledge of Paylocity Software
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Global compensation experience a plus
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.