At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
The Standard’s Human Resources Compensation Team is growing! The Compensation Consultant is a member of the HR team responsible for providing strategic compensation consulting and guidance to assigned lines of business on a variety of compensation topics. Leads compensation design efforts through the compensation design cycle from end to end and works on other high-complexity projects. Considered a compensation thought leader by assigned business leaders.
In this role you will:
Provide compensation consultation and guidance to assigned lines of business:
- Work with HR Business Partners and business lines on development of new concepts for compensation and practices including incentive/bonus plans and salary administration.
- Evaluate existing compensation programs by conducting research and analysis and preparing recommendations to management.
- Lead the design, documentation and administration of various enterprise-level programs.
May lead design of the compensation strategy for one or more business lines:
- Stay current on compensation market trends in data sources and systems. Capable of advising and explaining data and data sources to client groups and high-level leaders in a way that they understand it.
- Research, gather and prepare appropriate compensation data (salary, bonus, etc.) in a variety of formats.
- Review and analyze survey results to make recommendations on current compensation programs.
Responsible for both independently completing and collaborating on job evaluations for all levels of the organization:
- Collaborate with the HR Business Partners and business line on larger evaluation projects where new positions are created or where business re-organization occurs.
- Contributes thought leadership and process improvement to job evaluation process internally and to business clients.
- Appropriately documents and maintains job descriptions, job evaluations and underlying data.
Prepares complex impact and/or cost models and can prepare and present findings to audiences at all levels. Serve as lead on large or complex continuous improvement projects.
- Vet ideas and concepts and assesses impact of large scape improvement exercises. Lead change management efforts within the department and across assigned client groups.
Design and deliver new concepts in compensation training programs and presentations.
- Understands and identifies knowledge gaps in client groups and suggests design changes or new design of appropriate compensation tools and delivery methods.
We are a collaborative group, with leaders passionate about continuous improvement. You may be a fit if you hold deep respect and trust for teammates, and instinctively collaborate and adapt for customers.
The Skills and Background You’ll Need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- Experience: 7+ years compensation experience with 4-6 years in human resources.
- Sales compensation and/or executive compensation experience preferred.
- Professional certification required: CCP preferred or in progress.
What You’ll Get From Us:
- A fun and flexible work environment that is equally devoted to the customer and employee experience
- Leaders that are ready to coach, train and develop your potential
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid time off for volunteering
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.