Description: At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs.
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in Portland, Oregon:
Senior Health and Benefits Analyst
What can you expect?
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Challenges you to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of all the individuals who work at them
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
What is in it for you?
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture.
- Have competitive vacation/personal days in addition to holidays and volunteer days.
- Our Health and Benefits Consulting Analysts work closely with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies’ health and welfare programs.
- Work for a team that offers strong growth opportunities
- You will be part of teams that plan designs, contribute strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meet your client’s benefit and financial needs. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
We will count on you to:
- Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement benefit program strategies.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to the client
- Develop an awareness of the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs.
- Coordinate the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client
- Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal teams and subject matter experts, as well as develops relationships with clients
- Interacts with carriers and vendors to gather quotes, negotiate, handle client service issues and review plan documentation
What you need to have:
- 1-3 years of health industry or HR experience
- Ability to exercise independent thinking
- Ability to work at a fast pace, both independently and in a team environment
- Capacity to multitask, manage competing priorities with strong time management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen paired with intellectual curiosity
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office — Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- BA/BS preferred
What makes you stand out:
- Previous working experience with benefits
- Advanced excel skills; Vlook-up, pivot tables, macros
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.