Compensation Analyst - Portland, OR - #75830
Conducts compensation analysis through market research, data gathering and interpretation of employee data. Develops alternatives and recommendations. Presents analysis and recommendations to management and may implement proposed solutions. Responsible for all compensation support for a designated client group.
· Prepare compensation analysis through research, data gathering, auditing and interpretation.
· Provide support in the development of compensation reports, alternative solutions and recommendations.
· Under general guidance from the compensation lead or manager, assist business partners, managers and client groups in compensation strategy, programs and issues.
· Create job descriptions, perform job evaluations and conduct market research.
· Provide support for client organizational change, compensation compliance and processes.
· Develop salary recommendations and provide guidance and recommendations regarding promotion requests.
· Provide support for client group during annual salary planning process (merit and annual incentive recommendations).
· Administer compensation specific programs, such as employee recognition.
· Coordinate activities for an outside vendor, such as an on-line market pricing system.
· Participate in compensation surveys.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Management or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
· A minimum of three years of experience in compensation design and administration.
· Knowledge of data gathering, analysis, forecasting, and modeling techniques and applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
· Project management skills including project leadership, task identification, scheduling and cost/expenditure identification.
· Proficient with the use of Excel and Word, to gather, analyze, model and present information and recommendations.
· Communication and interpersonal skills including ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding matters/issues which may be sensitive in nature.
· Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
· Ability to present alternatives and recommendations.
· CCP, PHR or SPHR Certification
· Knowledge of and experience with SAP and/or SuccessFactors
Primary Location: Portland
Department: Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: 70,400.00 - 82,800.00
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.