Working for Vestas, you are part of the global leader in the high-tech world of wind energy and you have international opportunities in a growing industry committed to preserving our planet for future generations.
Collaborative, fast-paced team, who work with a diverse employee population of 5000+.
- Administers, communicates, implements and holds in compliance all employee benefit programs including health, welfare, leaves of absence, etc. and helps minimize health claims, mitigating costs through vendor negotiation while meeting Vestas' benefits philosophy.
- Directly administers Canadian leaves, manages vendor administration for US leaves.
- Designs and implements presentations, employee education, and updates on changing laws that impact benefit plans.
- Analyzes current market, programs, trends, and costs to evaluate effectiveness of benefit programs. Makes recommendations to support company goals and maximize plan effectiveness and competitiveness.
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Reconciles benefits accounts and looks for trends and efficiencies in the data.
- Ensures benefit programs are administered in compliance with plan documents and applicable federal and state regulations.
- Develops and maintains trusted partnership with line managers to create value and help reach business goals
- Manages benefit program vendors, brokers, insurance carriers and third-party service providers
- Acts as backup for Worker's Comp administrator
- Manages day to day tasks of a team of one
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, i.e. HRIS, Legal, Finance/Accounting departments.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or equivalent combination of experience/education
- Minimum 3 years' experience in analysis, design and/or administration of employee benefit programs, including compliance with federal and state laws, preferably in self-insured environment
- Minimum 1 year administering Canadian leaves
- Minimum 1 year of ADA claims
- Knowledge of federal laws and guidelines, including but not limited to COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, USERRA, FMLA and DOL
- Excellent customer relations, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to act independently and exercise judgment and discretion within the scope of the position; able to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Strong ability to use Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
Position Location: Brighton, Co or Portland, OR
What We Offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.