At Nautilus, we are on a mission to empower healthier living through individualized, connected fitness experiences. We are dedicated to building a healthier world, one person at a time. Our values support our foundation and enable us to be a successful team.
- We are CONSUMER-OBSESSED. We exist to serve consumer needs and wants, using data and our deep consumer knowledge to drive our decision making.
- We stay FOCUSED on fewer, bigger, bolder bets and seek simplicity in all we do.
- We are AMBITIOUS INNOVATORS who think big, seek to be the disruptors, and innovate differentiating experiences that make an important difference in our consumers’ lives.
- We are diligent PROBLEM SOLVERS, accountable to ourselves and our teams by taking responsibility, providing transparency, and adhering to the highest ethical standards.
- We CARE DEEPLY about our employees, partners, shareholders and communities where we do business and go above and beyond to be inclusive and create a positive environment where everyone’s contributions are valued.
- We WIN TOGETHER by putting our team above self, pushing and supporting each other, and having fun as we work together as a team to accomplish our goals.
We're a leading developer of consumer fitness products with well-known brands (Nautilus®, Bowflex®, and Schwinn® Fitness) and a resilient culture driven to build upon our strengths. Nautilus is a publicly traded company (NLS).
REMOTE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are recruiting for the right person to head up our Compensation program as a key leader in our Human Resources Team.
This position will partner in the overall design, implementation, communication and administration of the company’s compensation plan both domestically and globally. This position also oversees new tool/ system roll out and administration for appropriate HR technology across the company’s operations. The person in this role will provide consultative services to Human Resources team members, management and employees regarding compensation programs, legal requirements and claims issues. They will also work, in partnership with the CPO, to provide information to the Board of Directors on executive and board compensation. In addition, the person in this role will recommend compensation solutions that meet the business and strategic objectives of the company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Proposes, implements and maintains competitive, cost-effective and compliant compensation programs and strategies that support Nautilus’ objectives.
- Lead the development, execution, and support of corporate compensation programs, including executive compensation and board compensation. (Incentive and bonus plans, job classification structure and job descriptions, salary structure, benchmarking activities, salary survey management, annual merit process, and communications, etc.)
- Provide leadership in all areas of compensation; establish policies and strategy in support of Nautilus’ philosophy.
- Provide guidance to HR and management on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluations. Ensure salary classifications (FLSA, EEO) are compliant with Federal and State regulations.
- Conduct regular total compensation market analysis to validate total compensation structure, philosophy and market competitiveness for all positions/functions.
- Oversee annual variable compensation plan development, merit increase process, annual and ongoing salary monitoring.
- Oversee incentive pay programs design and scorecard development in partnership with business leadership.
- Ensures compensation programs and practices comply with applicable regulations such as Fair Pay Affirmative Action/EEO etc.
Special Projects/ Project Management
- Provides leadership and/or support for special HR-related projects as needed.
- Identifies and proposes projects in support of company objectives, being mindful of resource constraints and ROI.
WHO YOU ARE/SKILLS YOU NEED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will be an innovative thinker with a proven track record of creating strong rewards strategies and programs. Reporting to the CPO, you will work closely with executives and the senior leaders across the organization to ensure Nautilus's total rewards strategy attracts top talent, motivates and retains high performers, and aligns with the company’s overall strategic initiatives. You will have a great opportunity to affect change and improve the foundation for future growth. Other skills include:
- Public company experience is desired
- Strong knowledge and experience with compensation and benefits programs.
- Excellent problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve).
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of labor laws and regulations and their impact on the organization’s compensation and benefits policy and practice.
- Experience building, designing & implementing compensation & benefits solutions; proven ability to develop and implement action plans.
- Mathematical/financial aptitude and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Excel and all Microsoft Office apps.
- Excellent influential, collaborative, and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer, language, and reasoning skills
- 6+ years of experience in these functions
- It’s a plus if you have your CCP or if you are working towards it
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success is only as good as the people on our team, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. Our culture is one that promotes work life balance and a welcoming, team environment. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), bonus opportunities, ESPP, life & accident insurance, disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and free use of our employee fitness center for yourself and spouse.
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In demonstration of our commitment to a healthier lifestyle, we are proud to be a smoke-free campus.